Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Just keep swimming...

This morning for a few hours I had some deep depression going on. Luckily I can usually convince myself that "it will pass". I was in a bit of despair so I prayed and then texted a close friend. She always knows the right thing to say. Can I please recommend that if someone texts you to say they are having a rough day - PLEASE answer them and answer quickly. Sometimes for people that are depressed it takes every ounce of energy they have just to reach out to one person. If that person is you, it's imperative you respond. 

By noon or so I seem to have snapped out of it and the rest of the day went well. I did school with the kids and then read with them individually.  The girls are reading "Puppy Place" books and Liam and I just started The Hunger Games. Tomorrow we are starting Times Tales to help the kids with their times tables. I hope they love it.

They are all already working on their typing skills, the older kids want to start coding with Mr Wilson ASAP. Liam is especially excited to create his own game.


Tonight Brooklyn is at her last volleyball practice. She participated through the Rec Center, it is a 5-6 week course with 2 practices and 1 game each week. She has loved every minute of it. There may have to be more volleyball in her future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment