Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Rant

Okay so I have a little rant today.  This morning I was listening to the radio and the topic of conversation (and the opinions on it) were quite disturbing to say the least.

A scenario was given - There is a bus coming down the street, your dog and a stranger are both in the street but you can only save one, who would you save?

I could not believe how many people chose their animal over a HUMAN BEING!  Maybe it should not surprise me in this day and age of third term and abortions, and "progressives" who care more about saving an endangered species than a helpless baby.

When did we as a society become so dehumanized?  One of the few people who called in to say they would save the stranger made a great point - "What are you going to tell the stranger's children?  That you thought your dog was more important to save than their PARENT?"  Touche.

I know many out their who read this would probably argue "Well you don't have a dog so you don't understand."  Well I can tell you my parent's dog died last year that was in our family for about 15 years and it broke all of our hearts, she was very loved.  But I still would have let her get hit by a bus before any person, stranger or not.  Some would also argue "My dog is like my child."  Operative word there is "like", your dog is "like" a child, not an actual child!

Ok, rant over.

No comments:

Post a Comment