Sunday, October 6, 2019

Refreshing my blog page!

Hi friends! It’s been a years since I posted but I love writing and really want to get back to it. I will post about some of my favorite subjects - homeschooling, unschooling, cooking/baking, keto, family, organization, cleaning, and whatever else is going on in my life!

Lately I have been feeling a bit...lost. Between depression and anxiety I feel like I am barely keeping my head above water. Sounds ironic coming from a blog page titled “Choose Happiness First”. I am trying to choose happiness but some days are definitely harder than others.


We recently returned home from a trip to the Oregon Coast. It’s one of our favorite places in the whole world! We love the ocean, hiking among the beautiful greenery, and the fresh rain. We go at least once a year and it always seems to refresh my soul. I wonder if we should move there because we love it so much - the biggest thing that stops me is the homeschool laws. Not as much freedom there as we have in Idaho. We have thought about keeping residences in both Oregon and Idaho so we are able to still homeschool the way we have been.

I feel like this post may be a bit disjointed, and filled with what my high school English teacher referred to as “thought gaps”. But I am hoping that by sharing bits and pieces of our life, I will be motivated to do more, and also, do more to emulate my mantra of “Choose Happiness”. My goal is to post every day for the next month, I am not going to tell anyone until my 30 days are done - I’m guessing no one subscribes to my blog right now because I haven’t posted in so long. Cheers to the next 30 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment