Monday, November 24, 2014

Catching up....again....


So I realize it's been way too long since I posted but here I am.  I just happened upon my own blog getting my potato soup recipe.  It is holiday time again and I've gotten into the Christmas Spirit early this year.  My goal this season is to do many acts of service.  Starting today we, as a family, will be doing a service project every Monday for Family Home Evening until the end of the year.  I don't have all the service projects planned yet.  I am praying for service opportunities and believe God will lead me to those that need my help.  We are starting with making dinner tonight for a friend of mine that has not been well the past few months.  

Anyways, I won't go clear back until May but I will say we made a few trips to Portland, traded in our minivan for a Jeep and made lots of trips to the swimming pool.

Here are some of the things that we've done since September!


I ran my first 10k - made my goal of no walking through the whole thing - even up the ginormous hill!  And I didn't come in last, either!

This was on the event web page - I followed that girl with the blue hair for about the first 4 miles.


In September my Irish Twins had their birthdays - Brooklyn is now 6 and Liam is 5!  For Liam's birthday we took him to dinner and then to Toys 'R' Us - his dad spoiled him with a big Lego train set.


For Brooklyn's birthday I threw her a surprise My Little Pony party - not the best idea, she didn't really like the surprise aspect but she warmed up to the party idea after a bit.

(From L-R Liam, Scott, Evelyn, Julia, Chloe, Sarah Jane, Lizzie)

I took this on her actual birthday - her beauty and wit amaze me!


We enrolled her in dance - she counts down the days every week.


In October we took a trip to my Mom's.  We went to her church fall carnival, watched General Conference and had a great time visiting.  Whilst I was there I also got to visit with my friends Cassie and Jamie.  It is always great to see them - we've been friends for 25 years and I love them to death.


For Halloween we went to our ward trunk or treat.  The kids had a blast.  We skipped trick or treating and stayed home to watch a movie and pass out candy.  Here is my darling little Queen Elsa.


My brother, Spencer and his family came to the trunk or treat with us.  Isn't my nephew, Jack, the most adorable tiger you've ever seen???


The weather stayed nice well into October so we took advantage by going to the park.


In November we had London's birthday, she is 3!  I don't get lucky enough to get these types of pictures very often - with all 4 kids smiling and in one place at once.


For London's birthday Chris and I took her to Build-A-Bear where she made this dog (we had never been before) and then we ate at Old Chicago.  A great time was had by all.


Last week we got a huge snowfall, almost 8" in a day and a half!


We took a trip to the golf course to go sledding - which was a bit of a disaster.  Brooklyn and Lexi had fun but London was too scared to go down and Liam cried when he had to climb back up the hill and walking back to the car.  It was pretty hard walking in that deep snow.  But it was still worth it!



This was a little more of Liam's style - sledding down Ann's back porch steps with cousin Scott!


Also last week - after 5 1/2 years living in Idaho, Chris FINALLY got his Idaho Driver's License (his Oregon license expired on his birthday in October).  We let London tag along while my super awesome sister watched the rest of the kids.


As for me, I've been staying busy homeschooling Brooklyn and Liam, raising 4 littles, trying to stay ahead of the laundry and with my calling as Relief Society Secretary.  Chris is busy with work and sleep and sleep and work.  It's really been a good year!



1 comment:

  1. Yay! A new post!!! I even got a moment of fame in it! ;) Your family is so beautiful and I love to read about your life! Keep blogging girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete